Monday, January 17, 2011

Boring is Good

I want to quickly update my readers, especially those with a personal interest in how things are working out in my marriage and family. Things are going very smoothly. It is positively drama-free around here, which I think is wonderful.=)

I am continuing in EMDR therapy with great results. I have so much more energy for living now. My classes are interesting and challenging. I am pretty happy these days.

My husband is continuing his EMDR therapy and his antidepressants. Adding the second one into the mix has taken care of some side-effect problems from the first (of a personal *ahem* nature) and we are both happy about that. He smiles all the time now, and has a renewed interest in working out. He is affectionate, kind, loving. I can correct him or make a request without him being resentful. I haven't seen a PAPD flare-up since my last post about one.

My son is doing great. He is loving kick-boxing, Tae Kwan Do and his many friends. I am hoping he will do as well as I do on our mutual courses or even score higher than I do. It's a win-win for me either way. I do worry a little about whether or not he's taking his college courses as serious as he should, since I study a lot more often than he does. But maybe that's just because my middle-aged brain needs the extra effort.

My daughter is thriving in college. She is not making all the same moral choices that I would make, but I love her just the same. Her life is her own now, and I am confident that with Jesus as her Good Shepherd all things will work together for her good in the end. I do my best not to nag or condemn, because after all I could be wrong. And even if I'm not wrong, her life is not my business. My business is to love her unconditionally, and be here if she wants my opinion/advice. And I am not holding my breath on that! LOL

Okay, gotta run. Sorry this entry is so boring. Peace and good will, SS

5 comments: